Proper Care for Plated Cremation Jewelry
Plated cremation jewelry holds a special place in our hearts as it allows us to keep our loved ones close. And it comes with a more affordable price tag. These delicate pieces require proper care to maintain their beauty and longevity. Here are some essential tips to help you care for your plated cremation jewelry:
- Keep it away from chemicals and Personal Care Products: Avoid exposing your plated cremation jewelry to harsh chemicals such as perfumes, lotions, and cleaning agents. These substances can cause the plating to fade or tarnish quickly. It is advisable to remove your jewelry before applying any personal care products.
- Store it properly: When not wearing your plated cremation jewelry, store it in a cool, dry place. It is best to keep it in an airtight container or a soft jewelry pouch to prevent scratches and oxidation.
- Avoid water exposure: Plated jewelry is sensitive to water, so it is crucial to remove it before swimming, showering, or participating in any water-related activities. Water can cause the plating to wear off or become discolored.
- Gently clean with a soft cloth: To remove any dirt or oil buildup, gently clean your plated cremation jewelry with a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals as they can damage the delicate surface.
- Re-plate when necessary: Over time, the plating on cremation jewelry may wear off. If you notice significant fading or tarnishing, consider getting your jewelry re-plated by a professional jeweler. They can restore its original shine and beauty. This process will however destroy the resin stones. Get in touch for replacement costs.
By following these care tips, you can ensure that your plated cremation jewelry remains beautiful and cherished for years to come. Remember, proper maintenance is key to preserving the sentimental value of these special pieces.